Status Effects (NGS)
Status Effects in New Genesis exist in the form of "Downs". This applies to both players and enemies with slightly different mechanics.
Player Status Effects
This section describes status effects applied to the player.
- Certain enemy attacks have physical/elemental down values set internally. When a player is hit by one of these attacks, down values will be accumulated.
- When the accumulated down value of a status effect reaches 100, that status effect will be applied to the player.
- Stun (physical down) and one other elemental status effect can occur at the same time, but multiple elemental status effects cannot occur at the same time. An existing elemental status effect will be overwritten by a different elemental status effect when applied.
- For elemental status effects, if the accumulated down value reaches 100 while the same status is already active, the level of the status effect will be increased (max: level 5) and its duration extended.
- If a player has not received any down value accumulation for 10 seconds, their accumulated down value will be gradually reduced at a rate of 1 per second.
- Status resistance in player status window is calculated in reverse as a multiplier applied to the down values received from enemy attacks. For example, when equipping 3 Zeont Units (-50% all status resistance each), down values received will be multiplied by 1.5*1.5*1.5 = 3.375.
List of Player Status Effects
The following table lists all known player status effects. Difference in effect of each level is indicated by slash symbols ("/"). For duration, the value at level 1 is the base duration, while the values at higher levels are maximum possible duration.
|Status||Duration||Upon Level Up||Description|
|Burn||21/23/25/27/31 seconds||Duration +7 seconds||Deals 1/1.1/1.3/1.4/1.5% of max HP as damage every 2 seconds, reduces player damage done by 5/6/7/8/10%.
|Freeze||7 seconds at all levels||Duration refreshed
instead of extended
|Freezes the player in place.
|Shock||15/18/23/23/27 seconds||Duration +6 seconds||Stagger or knockdown every 6/5/5/4/4 seconds (knockdown chance 10/12/14/14/16%).
|Mirage||25/25/30/30/35 seconds||Duration +7 seconds||PP consumption +10/15/20/25/30%.|
|Panic||30/30/35/35/40 seconds||Duration +5 seconds||Directional movement inputs are increased by 45*n degrees every 15/10/10/8/7 seconds. (n: 1-7)
|Poison||25/25/28/28/31 seconds||Duration +7 seconds||Deals 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% of max HP as damage every 3 seconds.|
|6 seconds||Cannot level up||Stuns the player in place.
As described above, status effects for enemies will be referred entirely as "Downs". This section describes various mechanics related to enemy downs.
(Work in Progress)
- NGS検証データ置場: Google Sheets collecting various information including down accumulation and status effects outlined in this page. Published by Twitter user @flowerint1034.
- NGS Verification Data Storage: Translation of the above sheet. Published by Twitter user @TheuberClips.
- NGS 敵攻撃力調査: Google Sheets collecting information related to enemy attacks. Published by Twitter user @dilute_rin.
- PSO2 Attack Table: Google Sheets collecting damage notations, down accumulation, and Photon Blast generation of various player attacks. Published by Discord user Deathcream#1576.
- PSO2NGS Bestiary Google Sheets collecting stats and scaling of enemies. Published by Discord user Deathcream#1576.