Weapons in Phantasy Star Nova do not use Photons, rather, they use a resource found on Mahkia, called Gran. Each Weapon-type (except for Rod, Talis and Wands) have a selection of Gran Arts (GA) to use.
Armor & Abilities
Unlike PSO2, Phantasy Star Nova has you scavange for materials to unlock new weapons, armor, costumes and accessories. Below is a list of each type of material categories you can expect to encounter.
- Food Materials
- These are materials that are required to create Meals.
- Ores & Normal Materials
- These are your everyday material drops that are commonly dropped by enemies.
- Native Materials
- Materials that are dropped by specific enemies.
- Darker Materials
- Materials that are dropped by Darkers.
- Gigantes Materials
- Materials dropped by the Gigantes.
- Miscellaneous materials.
- Cores are dropped by some enemies and bosses
Items in Phantasy Star Nova work the same as they do in PSO2. However, there's a smaller selection of items to choose from.