Free Field is a Quest type. In this mode, players can freely explore areas and defeat enemies. Free Fields typically culminate in a battle with the Area boss, which must be defeated to clear the Quest.
- With the exception of Las Vegas Exploration, the area's ARKS Quests must be cleared to unlock the corresponding Free Field.
- Quests that do not use the Quest Points function are divided into three areas. Area 1 and 2 are randomly-generated maps, while Area 3 usually contains the Area boss. If you are incapacitated by the area boss, the Quest will fail and you will have to retry.
- If playing the Matterboard, Event Panels do not spawn randomly in Free Field. If the Matter Guide for an Event Node is active, defeating the area boss will always cause the target Event Panel to spawn.
- One Free Field is selected at random to be a daily Featured Quest. When this occurs, you may take the Quest even if you have not properly unlocked it.
| Kuron Exploration
|Complete Free Exploration: Kuron||Collect Quest Points!||Guar Zigmorde|
- This Quest requires 1000 Quest Points. You may gain Points by defeating enemies and clearing Emergency Trials.
- When a threshold of 500 Quest Points is reached, a Telepipe appears that takes you to Area 2. This leads to the Area boss.
- The Area boss is worth 500 Quest Points.
- Being defeated by the Area boss will not qualify as a Quest failure.
| Tokyo Exploration
|Complete Free Exploration: Tokyo||Collect Quest Points!|
| Las Vegas Exploration
|Complete Free Exploration: Las Vegas||Collect Quest Points!|
- Tokyo has a Quest Point requirement of 500 Points. Las Vegas has a Quest Point requirement of 700 Points. These may be accumulated by defeating enemies and clearing Emergency Trials.
- These Free Fields do not have an Area boss. However, there is a low chance for a boss specific to that field to spawn randomly; a Train Ghidoran will appear in Tokyo, while a Vegas Illusia will appear in Las Vegas.